What are cookies?
|Cookie acceptance||cookie_notice_accepted||This cookie confirms your acceptance to received Travel & General cookies on your equipment|
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the collected information to compile reports and to help us improve our site. The cookies collect anonymous information such as, the number of visitors to our site, the pages they visit and referral pages.|
|TGIC-ONLINE.COM||JSESSIONID||These cookies are required to access and operate the client login online services. They ensure that users do not have to give the same information several times during one task and so that it is not necessary for users to enter their username and password on every web page that they visit.|
|Session cookies||PHPSESSID||Also called a transient cookie, a cookie that is erased when the user closes the Web browser. The session cookie is stored in temporary memory and is not retained after the browser is closed. Session cookies do not collect information from the user s computer.|
3. The Information we collect
Whilst using our website, software applications or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email, account details, etc.). We will use this information to administer our website, applications, client databases and marketing material. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted into law of the United Kingdom in the Data Protection Act 2018. Further, by providing telephone, fax and email details, you consent to Travel & General contacting you using that method. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us at T&G Client Maintenance. In order to monitor and analyse this website, we use a third party organisation who will install files for this purpose. These files collect information anonymously about a user’s journey and aggregate this data up to analyse trends.
4. How and why we collect it
We collect information in two possible ways:
a. When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you sign up for our site, purchase our products or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing registration forms. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
b. When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.
We collect information about you so that we can personalise your use of the site, assist your use of the site and improve the site generally.
5. Who we disclose it to
- We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties to enable us to perform services requested by you or with your prior consent.
- If you give your consent, we will pass your contact details to third parties who may then occasionally send communications to you to provide information, offers and services that may be of interest to you.
- We will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of filling out the site registration form, to anyone.
6. Data protection
Travel & General Insurance Services Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner in the UK as a “data controller” in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. Further details of the registration are available at https://ico.org.uk
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us and certain sections of the site may encrypt data using SSL or a comparable standard. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
8. Automated decisions
Parts of travel-general.com are automatic and we may process your personal data as part of travel-general.com.
9. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We’ll inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our Members, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we don’t accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to Travel & General by contacting our client services team at T&G Client Maintenance. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.
- You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by Travel & General regarding your profile at any time.Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted.
- You are also free to close your account through our account settings. If you do so, your account will be deactivated. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
- You can always feel free to update us on your details at any point by contacting us T&G Client Maintenance
- You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails from us.
- You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact us at T&G Client Maintenance
10. How long do we keep your data for?
We will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the Services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
We will endeavour to respond to you promptly.