The new Job Support Scheme has been announced today by the Chancellor. It will replace the flexi-furlough scheme which will come to an end on 31 October 2020.
So what do we know so far?
It will start on 1 November 2020 and end on 30 April 2021.
- “Viable jobs”- employers must demonstrate they have viable jobs, and employees must work at least 1/3 of their normal hours, for which the employer must pay their normal rate for those hours.
- The government, together with the employer, will then increase those employees’ wages under the scheme covering 2/3 of the pay they have lost by reducing their working hours.
- The government will pay a maximum of £697.20 per month.
- All SMEs are eligible.
- Larger employers will only be able to receive support if their turnover has fallen during the Covid crisis.
- Employers who have not furloughed staff can also take part in the scheme.
- Employers who are eligible for the Job Retention Bonus can claim under this scheme.
More details will be published by the government, at which point we will provide further guidance.
For further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 0113 258 0033